Monday, September 13, 2010

Fall Food!

yesss! fall is in full swing! which means lots of yummy food! I'm gonna share with you one of my all time favorite recipes! I got this recipe my freshman year from my foods teacher. we had a unit on chili and while I have never been a huge fan of chili she had me try this stuff and it is honestly UH-mazing! go make it right away!

what you need-
4 chicken breasts (cut into bite size pieces) cooked with a little bit of butter, cayenne pepper, and black pepper
1 diced onion sauteed for a few minutes until it starts to brown (go ahead and cook it in the pan you cooked the chicken in!)
2 tablespoons garlic
5 cups chicken broth
1 can green chilies
2 small cans northern beans drained and rinsed
1 pint whipping cream
1 cup sour cream
cayenne pepper
chili powder
salt
black pepper
cumin

what you do-
bring chicken broth to boil reduce to simmer throw all the ingredients in (spices to taste) and let simmer for 15 minutes. then serve! yum yum yum! we like to serve ours with shredded pepper jack cheese and sliced black olives. it's pretty much amazing.


and because I love ya I'm gonna go ahead and give you another recipe right away
stephen brought me home some lovely pears from his coworkers farm

now while I find pears delicious I knew the fam wasn't going to want to eat a thousand plain pears so I found a recipe for pear tarts tweeked it a little bit and they turned out delicious!

what you need-
2 pears peeled cored and sliced into 8 sections each
1 sheet frozen puff pastry thawed over night in the fridge
cinnamon sugar
almond paste
sour cream
brown sugar
melted butter

what you do-
preheat oven to 425
cut the puff pastry into four equal sections
roll about 1 tablespoon of the almond paste into a ball then flatten and place in the center of one of the squares of the pastry put a little more than 1 tablespoon of sour cream on top of the paste then sprinkle a tablespoon of cinnamon sugar on top of that. arrange 3 or 4 slices of pear in the center of the pastry sprinkle about a tablespoon of brown sugar over pears fold corners in to center over the pears use tooth picks to hold in place. brush a little melted butter on top of tart then sprinkle some more cinnamon sugar on top of the tart. repeat with remaining ingredients. bake until golden brown (15-20 min)


I think I like this recipe because it's sooo easy. you really don't have to measure anything which is very rare in baking. and it was pretty darn tasty too!

1 comment:

  1. mmm i love cooking and i will have to make these :) now im hungry! thanks for sharing chloe!!! also, thanks for always stopping by my blog! xoxo

    ReplyDelete