Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Best Roast You'll Ever Eat

Three posts in one day???
man I need a life... but I just had to post this after having a bowl of my famous roast... mmmMMMMmmm


anyway...
I don't usually like to share my recipes. (because I'm weird like that) buuuut since I really don't think anyone reads this thing I will share this one (especially since if you do read this silly ol' thing you deserve to get something out of it right?) my grandma (aren't grandmothers always the best cooks?) gave me this recipe. I played with it a few times until I got it just the way I wanted it. And wouldn't you know everyone that tries it says it's the best they've ever had.

Alright first thing you need to do is melt 1 1/2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat
sprinkle both sides of roast (I like the chuck roast) with salt, pepper, and a little garlic salt
sear both sides of roast in frying pan (this locks in all the juices and keeps it nice and moist) then transfer the roast and all those yummy juices from the bottom of the pan into your crock pot.
next add two cans cream of mushroom soup and about 1 1/2 cans full of water to the crock pot
add some chopped carrots, red potatoes, yellow onion, and celery
cook on low for 8-12 hours the longer you cook it the more tender that roast gets! and the more delicious!

about half way through cooking I like to add some fresh sliced baby bella mushrooms because I put mushrooms in just about everything :)

so there you have it! soooo easy and seriously the best roast you'll ever eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment